Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lots of changes are on their way!

I made a small post on the Spellbound by Jynx FaceBook page about how hectic things are right now, which is why it's taking me longer than I'd like to get the new colors up. The big thing that's going on is that we're moving back to Vermont!


I am extremely exited, as this means the end to our financial problems and a whole lotta fun! For the better part of this year, my husband and I have been living off of the income from Jynx Dreads and Spellbound by Jynx. Now that won't be the case, and I can start putting more money into launching new things!

First off, once the move is over with and things are settled, I will launch the blushes and soon after a full line of glosses in both squeeze tubes and doe foot tubes. I would also like to move into balms and possibly lipsticks. I had planned on making some glow in the dark polishes in time for Halloween, but since the move will be at the end of September/beginning of October I don't foresee that happening.

I've also ordered labels for the samples. Finally! I'm also hoping to get clear stickers for the tops of the jars. Would anyone prefer both top and bottom labels to be clear, or maybe an option to choose which one you'd want opaque? I know it goes both ways, some store them upside down and others right side up.

To prepare, I will be making a lot of stock for every color to take with us, and the rest of the supplies will be shipped to VT. Because of this, I will have a limited supply of each color. I am going to do my best to make a few new colors to be released within this period, as we peobably won't move into out place until November.

The good news is that will free me up to take new pictures for the site, which I have been trying to find time for but failing at. All of the amazingly artsy people I know live there, too, so we'll probably be able to do some photo shoots and I'll be able to have colors modeled on some different skin tones (which is something I've wanted to do for ages!)

As soon as the new colors are up, and the labels are here, I will be having a sample sale! This will probably last through the 25th, and everything will be shipped by the 31st.

 On the 31st, TAT will go up to two weeks. I don't expect it to take that long (we should be leaving by the 4th and arrive by the 6th) but I don't want to disappoint anyone. I will also be taking all of my sanitation supplies (except my alcohol, I'll get some of that when we arrive) with me, so the same standards of sanitation and cleanliness will be adhered to. I just don't want to be mixing colors in someone else's house, as the dust has a habit of floating through ventilation systems and getting into every room!

I have been asked a few times to make YouTube tutorials using my makeup. I am going to try in the future, but honestly my makeup is usually so simple I don't know if they'd be very enjoyable! I also tend to hold my mirror about five inches from my face, too. Definitely a downside to only being able to see out of one eye! 
 


I've also been working on getting "rid" of a lot of my kanekalon (which is what I use to make my dreads) as shipping another 70 pound box really doesn't appeal to me. I've started making crochet dreads, because they are just too gorgeous, and my only complaint is that they take too long. It takes me somewhere around 30 hours, which I try to do in a two day period cause I'm nuts, to make them so they're not too cheap. Here are a couple pictures for those who are interested!





All of these but the second set can be found here.

And as I finally got out of the house today, I have a look to post! I think I've been out twice in the past month.







Please ignore my crooked face and the fact that I look like I need a day's worth of sleep. I probably do!

Products used:

Afterlife - Spellbound by Jynx - Main shadow color
Satyr - Spellbound by Jynx - Crease color
Kether - Spellbound by Jynx - Hilighter
Mascara - One by One Volume Express by Maybelline - Brownish Black
Eyeliner - Buxom Insider Eyeliner

All shadows are applied over Urban Decay Primer Potion and Pixie Epoxy

A note about the mascara and eyeliner:


When I took pictures with this mascara last night, I loved it! My application today was a bit messy, and I got some major flaking after a few hours. I have a feeling that's my fault, but I'm not too sure. I do love the brush though!

I can't stand the Buxom eyeliner. It fades so fast it's almost a waste to put any on at all! Thankfully I'm almost out, and I'm thinking about buying some of the 24/7 pencils from Urban Decay.

I would also like to say that Satyr reminds me a whole lot of my Golden Olive MAC pigment, though not an exact dupe. That was totally by accident, but a happy one!

I'm sorry this post is long and not too structured, I'm just trying to get everything out before I get back to work!

Is there anything you'd like to see from Spellbound by Jynx? Colors or products, I would love to hear your ideas!

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of clear labels. I think it's a good idea to put them on the bottom that way the top is clear and clean looking to see the color in full :) Your dreads are beautiful by the way! excellent job! (now following)

    ReplyDelete